Cooperative Credit Union Association, Inc.
Massachusetts Credit Unions
RULES AND PROCEDURES FOR THE ESSAY CONTEST
The contest rules and eligibility requirements for participants are as follows:
- Only students currently in the seventh and eighth grades are eligible to participate.
- Students must be Massachusetts residents.
- Schools must be located in Massachusetts.
- Students must be sponsored by a member credit union in good standing with the Association.
- All essays must be handwritten by the student.
- Essays should be no more than 250 words in length.
- Only one essay per student may be submitted. Each student may be sponsored by only one credit union.
- Each essay should include the student’s name and grade level, home address, school name, teacher’s name, principal’s name and sponsoring credit union. (A standard essay form has been provided.)
- Essays will be judged on the following criteria:
- Deadline to submit essay is January 24, 2022
There will be eight (8) top winners with the following awards:
- First Prize (1) – $500
- Finalists (7) – $250
- Honorable Mention winners (10) – $50
The decision of the Association’s committee is final.
Winners will be announced in late March/early April.
The awards ceremony will be scheduled for May 20, 2022.